Tuesday, May 10, 2011

//Log Date: 2281-10-21 21:19//

*Sounds of laughter, music, and glassware clinking.*

<<UserID:Webb>> Just had a bottle of sarsaparilla to chase my beer. Well, if I’m going to be honest, the beer was chasing some whiskey. The sarsaparilla was just keeping it company.
When I popped the cap on the bottle, I saw it had a little blue star on the inside. Never seen one like that. Callie would have loved it. 
God, she loved stars. Remember how she called them “tonkles” when she was little? “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” was her favorite song, but she couldn’t quite say “twinkle”, so stars became “tonkles”. 
I couldn’t bring myself to shove it in with all the other caps in my packs, so I slipped it into my shirt pocket.
*Sighs.*
I miss you, sweetheart.
<<Unidentified Female>> Doc! Stop lookin’ so mopey and have another round.
<<UserID:Webb>> Duty calls...
//Recording Ends//

No comments:

Post a Comment